Monday 20 July 2009

Underdog 2 Results and Report

Saturday the 11th July dawned and for once there was surf, Not great, but surf none the less, So Underdogs 2 was on.
Not a bad turn out, mixed bag of young un's, Old un's and a couple in the middle, sadly I now fall into the old un's catagory, C'est la vie.
High tide was looking too much fun to miss, So Keano and I went in for a little sesh, Had a few good ones and got out in time for the comp, Which I find is always a good start!

First round was in, and the guys and Girl, which is always nice to see, were surfing well, young Max Welland was going well as was John Linch and Fergus.
Then came my round, and, Oh dear, as my old english teacher used to say "Could do better", made a complete pigs ear of it, and I was out, Tim Tanton and a new face going through, Gutted.

Back at the judges van where Greg & Greg were doing there best Ant & Dec impersantion, letting me know just how bad it had gone!! Then came that word,
Repechage, comes from French, from repĂȘcher meaning 'fish out' or 'rescue' , No!, no idea, but what it realy means is, Maddocks, get back in the water you plonker, This I duely did, and sadly, I won, I say sadly as this meant that with a quick rashie change I was back in for the next heat, and unless my maths is as crap as my english, this meant Half hour free surf followed by three heats back to back, "Je suis Cream crackered".
Ok now I have used every possible excuse, here goes.
Tim was glad to see me when I paddled back into the line up, This was soon to change, Tim, John and I shared some good waves, John surfing well, as was young Will Martin.
I then took the sharing waves to a whole new level and dropped in on Tim, Not once, OoooH noo, that would be far to sensible, Twice, Yes twice, This evidently means instant disqualification, BLATANT Dropping in Keano called it, But it did mean I could have a well earned cup of tea?
So to the final, a good line up of Tim Tanton, Max Welland, John Linch and Fergus Bradford, The guy's surfed well, A close heat with both youngsters and elders exchanging waves.
Final results were close;

1st Max Welland
2nd John Linch
3rd Tim Tanton
4th Fergus Bradford

Great to see some new faces out there and a young lady ( sadly I can't remember her name but we hope you'll be back ), I am to launch an appeal which Norm assures me will be dealt with in the correct manner!!!
Well done guys/Girl and thanks to the judges for a great day.

Report by Guy ( What drop in? ) Maddocks